Friday, September 6, 2013

Blog Post # 3

What happens to you when you hear the words "peer editing?" Well, for me I get butterflies and I am a senior in college. I have never liked giving my writings to my peers for them to critique, much less for me to critique my peer’s writings. Why is this? Could it just be me and that I have blown "peer editing" out of portion? I think that I never wanted to have flaws, and when I wrote I always had editing marks on my paper. Then when it came to me editing my peer’s paper I did not want to leave to many suggestions, or corrections, because I felt bad.



peer editing




The assignment for this week was a video What is Peer Editing?, slide show Peer Edit with Perfection, and video Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes. With these videos, it was a reminder and a refresher on what my role is as a "peer editor." Realizing the standards needed of me to give a quality review. It only takes three steps: compliments, suggestions, and corrections. I really loved the video Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes. It was a cute way of show what not to do as an editor.



 Punctuation Saves Lives




But as an Educator, I will have critique my student's performance. Sometimes I will have to tell my students things they might not want to hear and it might make me feel uncomfortable also. I will always make it a point to be positive and to encourage them. As an Educator, I want my students to be successful.

2 comments:

  1. I find it amusing I was assigned to your blog this week! Hi honey! Ok so first things first, the last paragraph, second line, you said "not what to hear" and I assume you meant "not want to hear". Happens to me all the time, my brain goes faster than my fingers type.

    Now I totally agree with you in this post but I think my fears aren't so much that i'll be wrong (which is a fear still) but to have full control over my work. I have it in my head that I can't take credit for it unless I do it all myself. Stupid, I know, but still. So yeah I agree this assignment helped me loosen up and be more honest, especially since that's expected of us as educators!

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete