Friday, November 1, 2013

C4K #8

C4K#5
service dogs
In this assignment, I had the opportunity to read Carson's blog. This week he wrote service dogs and what the purpose of a service dog is. A service dog is to serve a person with a disability. Carson said, "he wonders how people with disabilities feel." In my reply to Carson was I think that a service dogs are a great thing. I explained that that many of my friends are former military personnel that got injured while serving our country. Now because they are disabled, a few have service dogs because of their disabilities. If you are concerned with how someone feels because of their disabilities, you can try it yourself. Maybe one weekend have you parents tape one arm down (try the are with the hand you write with) and do chores, play basketball, make popcorn, or better yet try to do homework. I expressed that he seemed to have a great personality, because he wanted to know what it felt like.
C4K #6
For this assignment, I had a student named Robert. Robert explained The Levels of the Forest. He started with the first area of the forest was. It was the sub floor. He then provides examples the sub floor. He then explains the second and third levels of as being the floor where the tree starts and the understory being the middle of the trees. Lastly, Robert explains the last level to the forest, which is called the canopy, and it is the top of the trees. Robert also states that the canopy is the least studied of all the levels. Robert finishes his post with a photo of the drawing he drew. However, it did not load properly and would not let me view it.In my response to Robert, I explained that I enjoyed reading his post about "The Levels of the Forest" It was nice to get a refresher from him about the different levels of the forest. Secondly, I did tell him that I was unable to see his masterpiece and I was looking forward to seeing his artwork.
C4K#7
My C4K#7 Student was Jonti. He attends Medbury School which is an independent school for boys. This school is located in New Zealand. Jonti is in year 5; I am guessing that is equivalent to the 4th grade here in the United States. Jonti's blog post was an action story, about "Running to the End." In Jonti's writing for a fifth year student wrote a very detailed story. Jonti wrote about the start of the race and how he got really muddy. "The mud was flying in my face and all over my clothes." After the start of the race he was in the fourth position, and Sam Dickie was running with each other. Then he started feeling "puffed" but he kept on running. My favorite part of Jonti's story was when he explained "Everyone was spreading out and I was on the last lap, I felt so puffed, but I kept on going. I finally got past the finish line."The reason I liked these two sentences was because that are relatable. Everyone has been at a point where they wanted to give up, but they kept on giving it the best that they could, and finished. In my reply to Jonti, I told him that I really enjoyed reading his action story and that he wrote in great detail, which made your story fun to read. I could visualize the events of the mud splashing all over the characters as they ran. As well as, the competition of the running event. I also told my favorite part of his story
C4K #8
My C4K in this week’s assignment was Kelty.
Out of My Mind
In her blog they were reading the book Out of My Mind. The assignment for Kelty’s blog post was to describe a problem that Melody experiences with her disability of cerebral palsy. Kelty explained that Melody had so many thoughts in her head, but she could not speak and communicate her thoughts. This frustrates and angers Melody. Kelty predicts that by the end of the book, Melody will be able find a way to communicate her thoughts and will be really smart and have many new friends. My reply to Kelty was that she had an interesting point of view. I really like opinion of Melody. Melody is unlike most people. Melody refuses to be defined by her disability “cerebral palsy.” I hope you will see just how brave Melody really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment